MWB Richard M. Wilson

Feast of the Paschal Lamb
Featured Speaker
MWB Richard M. Wilson

Richard M.Wilson, was born on June 3, 1932, in Jerusalem, Monroe County, Ohio, and is one of three children born to Charles and Alice Wilson. He graduated from Beallsville High School in 1950.

Since 1968 he has served as a pastor in the United Methodist Church. On June 21, 1973, he was ordained a Deacon by Bishop Francis E. Kearnss at Lakeside, Ohio, in the United Methodist Church. Churches served over those years include: Fairview, McCoy, Londonderry, Mt. Olivet, Jacobsburg, Sardis, Hannibal, Clarington, Zion, Lewisville, Bracken Ridge, Rinard Mills, Bloomfield, Lebanon, for the United Methodist Church. He also served the following churches for the United Church of Christ: Trinity, St. Paul’s and St. John’s. He served Unity Baptist Church in Monroe County for 34 months as interim pastor. He is presently serving the Sardis United Methodist Church as pastor. He has served churches in Monroe, Belmont, Washington and Guernsey Counties. He is the presently serving as Senior Pastor for the Sardis United Methodist Church, Sardis, Ohio.

He served on the Village Council as well as Mayor of the Village of Wilson, Ohio. He has served as a member of the Monroe County Board of Health, Monroe County Health Planning Council, and the Belmont-Monroe County AAA Club. He is presently serving as one of three Monroe County Park Commissioners. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Ohio Valley Community Credit Union, Hannibal, Ohio.

He is a member of Sunsbury Lodge No. 362, F.&A.M., where he has served as Worshipful Master three times. He is presently serving as the Secretary for his lodge. He served as District Deputy Grand Master in 1974-75-76. He served the Grand Lodge of Ohio as Grand Chaplain in 1978 for the late M. W. Brother Jerry C. Rasor. He was appointed Junior Grand Deacon by M. W. Brother Daniel F. Iceman in 1978. He was subsequently appointed Senior Grand Deacon and Grand Marshal. Brother Wilson was elected Junior Grand Warden in 1981, Senior Grand Warden in 1982, and Deputy Grand Master in 1983. On October 13, 1984, at Columbus, Ohio, he was elected and installed as Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Ohio.

He is a member of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Cambridge, Cambridge Commandery No. 47 Knights Templar, Cambridge Chapter No. 53, Royal Arch Masons. Guernsey Council No. 74, Royal and Select Masons. He is a member of Beallsville Chapter No. 24, O.E.S. In 1998 Brother Wilson served as Worthy Grand Patron of the Grand Chapter of Ohio, Order of the Eastern Star.