After a Mason completes the three degrees of Symbolic or Blue Lodge masonry, the Scottish Rite provides 29 more. They consist of the forth to the thirty-second degrees. Drama and allegory are used to emphasize the message of the degrees.
Scottish Rite in The United States is split up into 2 Supreme Councils of the Scottish Rite. They are the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction and the Southern Masonic Jurisdiction. Within these Jurisdictions each area is divided into “Valleys”. The Valley of Canton is in the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction.
There are 4 divisions within each Valley
- Lodge of Perfection
- Council of Princes of Jerusalem
- Chapter of Rose Croix
- Consistory of Sublime Princes of the Royal Secret
To join the Scottish Rite you must be a member in good standing in regular Symbolic Lodge.
- Scottish Rite degrees can give you a deeper awareness of the meaning of Freemasonry. The degrees use drama and please both your eyes and ears.
- An atmosphere of dignity and reverence will always be shown during Scottish Rite work.
- As a Scottish Rite member you will meet many more masons from other lodges.
- Scottish Rite attempts to teach its members a system of morality to develop character and virtues which make men worthwhile